Monday, April 20, 2009

Heat





There are some fascinating men on TV...talented and good looking, too. Here is a list of my favorites:

-David Boreanaz

-Hugh Laurie

-Julian McMahon

-Denis Leary


First, is David Boreanaz. I never thought I'd be able to view him as anyone but the hottest vampire ever... Angel. I love him as Seeley Booth, the macho, capable, and, occasionally, soft hearted, FBI agent, on Bones.

Next, there is Dr. Gregory House, himself - Hugh Laurie. Need I say more? OK, you twisted my arm. Is there anybody as brilliant, and equally as damaged, on television? This combination makes him irresistible to women.

Julian McMahon was deemed to smarmy to play James Bond. Well, the big screen's loss is TV's gain. Whether playing Cole Turner, on Charmed, or Dr. Christian Troy, on Nip/Tuck, this man is sinfully fun to watch.

Denis Leary produces, directs, writes, and plays the lead role in Rescue Me. His Tommy Gavin, the NY firefighter desperately trying to come to terms with the aftermath of 911, is one of the funniest and most heartbreaking characters ever developed.


These are the men I watch, week in and week out, on my favorite shows. They give me a different kind of hot flash, not quite the same as those I've been experiencing the last several months. They range in age from late thirties to early fifties. Yet, all of the characters they play possess similar qualities...the characteristics that make many women crazy. They are all very masculine while, occasionally, exhibiting the vulnerable side women crave. They are not inclined to discuss their deepest feelings, because all of these characters are suffering from deep emotional pain...every woman's dream, or, nightmare. Are you following me? If you're a woman, you probably understand. It comes down to the need to take care of him. At some point, in the lives of women, many of us are certain our love can transform the pain. The caretaker syndrome is very prevalent in us. These men are irresistible. Along with their considerable damage, they are bright, funny and charismatic. In real life, these men are never easy. What we are really trying to do by loving them, is to fix our own pain. Eventually, we realize, hopefully, we can't fix anyone else. We can only change our own circumstance. Sometimes it works out. More often, I fear, it doesn't. It depends on how committed both people are to connecting to their true nature.

The actors who portray these complex men are oozing sex appeal. They sizzle on the screen. They are fun to watch. Enjoy watching their women counterparts try to uncover and heal their hurts. When the TV is off, I find it best to work on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment